Friday, December 4, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
1. Get ready to go to bed about 11:30 on a friday night after working all week.
2. Accidently knock the large, full glass of ice water you just set on the bedside table into the top drawer you just opened.
3. Quickly remover the drawer, run to the kitchen yelling "oh crap, oh crap, oh crap" (really that's as bad as I got), plug the kitchen sink and dump contents into a big drainer.
4. Wipe drawer clean and dry.
5. Begin replacing the 400 pens and pencils, several bookmarks, and at least a zillion elastic ponytail holders, every button you've ever gotten on a new garment in little tiny plastic baggies, an embarrassing number of reading glasses, and lots more junk I won't bore you with. Dry each one off as you replace it and throw away what's not needed (your hubby helping makes it more fun, just ask him).
6. Smile cause there ain't nothin' else you can do and slide the drawer back into the table. You can also be thinking about what drawer, box, closet, room, etc. that you might want to douse with water tomorrow so it will be cleaned out, too!!!!
Just wanted to be a blessing for all my interweb friends!!! Goodnight all
Monday, November 2, 2009
After you've signed up to win the cookbook, take the time to read some of Bakerella stuff. It's great!!!
Don't really know why I am sharing about this, might have less chances to win myself!! hhhhmmmmmmm.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Here is a great one that my daughter-in-law makes at every family gathering. I will warn you ~ it is NOT pretty when you begin putting it together, but it is GRRREEEAAATTTT!!!
Super Easy Black Bean Dip
1 can chili (no beans)
1 can black beans
8 oz. cream cheese
Dump it all in a pan and heat until melted, smooth and warm.
Check out other dips at BooMama's DipTacular
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
"Also, on August 14 from 5-7 p.m. (PDT), Robin is hosting an online party on her Facebook fan page. She'll be answering questions and "mingling" with all of the party guests. To learn more about the party and to join in, go to Robin's fan page here:
Here's a brief description of Summer Promise:"Fourteen-year-old Christy Miller has the dream summer ahead of her in sun-kissed California, staying at her aunt and uncle's home. Aunt Marti loves to shop, and those surfers are cute, especially Todd. Christy promised her parents she wouldn't do anything she'd regret later, and some of her beach friends are a little wild. But Todd and his "God-Lover" friends are giving a Christy a new image of all things eternal. Can this summer live up to its promise?"
Thursday, July 30, 2009
I do have exciting news ~ I became a Great-Great Aunt this week. My sister is older than I am and had her 2 girls soon after marrying at 18 and I was an aunt at 3 years old. My 2 nieces had three children each. The oldest great niece married a couple of years ago and had a beautiful, bouncing baby boy this week.
The only sad part is that they live about 8 hours away ~ so it will be a while till I get to hold him. Thank goodness for technology, I have lots of pictures.
So Jennifer, thanks for the push, and I promise to post something equally exciting again soon!!! Like, tomorrow is my hubby's birthday!!!!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
THEN . . .
This was an EASY dessert!!! A lady at work made this the other day for a birthday lunch and I loved it!
12-14 vanilla ice cream sandwiches
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 jar hot fudge topping
8 oz. container of Cool Whip
Cut ice cream sandwiches to fit in casserole dish (I used 9 x 9). Layer as follows:
1/2 ice cream sandwiches, caramel topping, chopped pecans, small layer of cool whip, rest of the ice cream sandwiches, caramel topping and pecans. Cover and store in freezer for 3 hours or so. Remove from freezer and top with remaining cool whip and drizzle with hot fudge. Let sit for about 20 minutes before serving!!!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Poor guy apparently crawled into the wheel well and tried to come out the grill. We went on to the restaurant and happened to park right in front of the door. According to the hostess, the car was the entertainment for everyone coming and going. People (especially the men) were bending down and taking pics. Thankfully cameras do not have a smell feature. After an hour in the hot sun. . . WHEW.
When we returned to the college, people were coming from all the buildings to see it. Even the President and Vice President. It obviously does not take much to entertain us these lazy days of summer in the south.
She called the Lexus dealer because the grill was cracked. They did not believe her. Needless to say, she headed straight to the dealership to show them. Can't wait to find out what they said!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
The man and woman, seriously examining their decision making abilities, pray that they will all live happily ever after. They ask for your prayers as well (cause they’re really gonna need ‘em)!
A peaceful time in the castle when the man and woman rest!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
However, when I looked up the website to link above for all of my faithful 5 or so readers, I realized you can enter your zip code and find sales in your area. GUESS WHAT, there is a another warehouse sale about 15 minutes north in Tennessee ~ at my high school Alma mater. I feel a road trip coming on!!!
I will share my few purchases with you. Most of the time I go for kid's books ~ but if you could see the kid's books on my bookshelf, you'd know why I avoided them!!!
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Each book features two sisterchicks (friends) who take off on an adventure or a dream vacation or destination. Book number 8 will be available in stores on May 5, 2009!!!! I highly recommend it, along with all the others.
SISTERCHICKS IN WOODEN SHOES ~ "Summer and Noelle, two pen pals since 4th grade, meet for the first time in the land of tulips and windmills. An abnormal mammogram sends Summer on a quest to fulfill her lifelong wish before she begins the same struggle her mother fought against breast cancer. The story of these two Sisterchicks is brimming with hope and cheer and will bring encouragement for any woman who has faced a fearful future."
Read about Robin Jones Gunn and the other Sisterchick novels at the following sites. There is also a great devotional ~ Take Flight!
sign up for her newsletter here:
Robin Jones Gunn modeling wooden shoes
My women's ministry group at church participated in a book review for the publisher, Multnomah Publishing Group, for the second sisterchick book, Sisterchicks Do The Hula. We received copies of the book, stickers, decals, feathers, bookmarks, participant questionnaires, and a lot more goodies.
Check it out ~ Happy Reading
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
If you read my previous post, you might understand that this is not good timing for trying on bathing suits. There are LOTS to choose from, all styles, prices, colors, etc. There are suits with little skirts to "hide" things! Well, on me it says, "Look, I got a big ole butt and cottage cheese thighs and I'm trying to cover it up". There are tankini's with skirts and tops and the skirts do the same as stated above! Then there are shorts and tops. The shorts are hip hugger, which causes a bad case of muffin top and the top is short and pops up over the muffin!!! I AM NOT KIDDING HERE!!! Then there are the ones that have the tag hanging on them that says ~ lose 10 lbs. instantly. GUESS WHAT ~ that ten lbs. that the spandex squeezes in has to go somewhere. Can you say large curd cottage cheese. hahahahahahahahahahaha
Aren't muu muus or caftans back in style?
Monday, March 30, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Pixisette Jewelry is one of them. Another great jewelry artist, Erin at Vintage Pearl is having a giveaway for Pixisette for these!!! Just visit Vintage Pearl and sign up for the giveaway.
After you enter the contest, check out Vintage Pearls handstamped jewelry at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5135533.
A girl can NEVER have too many purties!!!!!!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
THEN ~ Not to be topped, a show came on in the middle of the the marathon. Surprise Wedding! Talk about sitting with our mouths hanging open! Five women tell their boyfriends that they've won a free trip to Vegas for a supposed makeover. They actually spend the week shopping for rings and wedding dresses. Their boyfriends get to join them at the end of the week to see the "makeover". As you can figure out by the title of the show, they men come out to find their girlfriends in wedding gowns. SURPRISE ~ It's your wedding!!!! The guys get to go off stage and think about their decision. They even get a 30 second lifeline telephone call (the show was produced by the people who did Who Wants to be a Millionaire?).
All the men came out and agreed to the marriage! Can you imagine if they didn't? It would be the Bachelor Debacle all over again ~ right on National TV!!!! And walla, a Chaplain appears and marries them instantly. AMAZING is all I can say.
But really, I can't say a lot. We sat here and watched the entire two hours, watched 5 couples get married without a long engagement or stressful wedding preparations, and it was all free!!! Two couples even won a honeymoon to Hawaii. So who are the stupid ones?????
Oh but don't worry ~ romance isn't dead in our house. Hubby and I are coming up on our 23rd anniversary. Hubby just suggested that on our 25th wedding anniversary, we renew our vowels.
A E I O U ya'll!!!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
So we watched it together somewhat, by calling each other about every 10 minutes and saying things like, "this is sooo stupid", "I can't believe I am watching this", "Jason is a turd" (although we really like what Melissa called him better!!!), "what is ABC thinking", etc.
But did we turn the TV off??? NOOOOOOOOO, of course not.
Then last night I sat right here and watched another hour of crap about it!!!! hahahahahahahaha.
There hasn't been this much hoopla in the news since Obama was elected!!!! I don't even want to think about what that says about us. YIKES!!!!!!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Can you tell I've been looking at LOL dogs and cats? At least 12 years ago, my father-in-law planted a dilapidated, pitiful Camellia bush in the yard between our house and theirs. He just hated to dispose of it, so he stuck it in the ground and never did a thing to it. Now, it is a beautiful shaped 10 foot bush that blooms every year! I see it every morning outside my bathroom window. It is beautiful in full bloom, so I will share pics of that when it happens. Occasionally, we get a freeze that messes it up, but rarely!!!!!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
My hairdresser was out of my color yesterday and mixed two colors for me. Well, apparently, my hair grabbed the "warm" one and I am now donning red roots. An inch or so of red on blondish brown DOES NOT look good, especially when I often pull my hair back!
I've attached a pic, even drew a line for you, but it does not do my ring around the head justice. Suffice it to say, I have an appointment this afternoon to fix this!!!!!!
On another note, WHAT IS UP with the pithy, ugly looking forehead. I cropped the pic to show just the hairline and also because a picture looking down on a face is scary. My next trip will be to get a facial! GEEZ, getting old is H*$^#%*LL.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
1.YOUR REAL NAME:
Since I don't use my name on this blog, I had to cheat a little, but trust I used the correct letters. Hilarious!!!!
2.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME:(mother and fathers middle names)
3.NASCAR NAME:(first name of your mother's dad, father's dad)
Pitt Charles (is that not a great NASCAR name, his name really was Pitt!)
4.STAR WARS NAME:(the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name)Chama
5.DETECTIVE NAME:(favorite color, favorite animal)
6.SOAP OPERA NAME:(middle name, town where you were born)
Elizabeth Ft. Worth
7.SUPERHERO NAME: (2nd fav color, fav drink, add "THE" to the beginning)
The Chartreuse Diet
8.FLY NAME: (first 2 letters of 1st name, last 2 letters of your last name)
9.STREET NAME:(fav ice cream flavor, fav cookie)
Heath Chocolate Chip
10. PORN NAME: (1st pet's name, street you grew up on)
11.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (first 3 letters of last name plus izzle)Chaizzle
12. YOUR IRAQI.. NAME: (2nd letter of your first name, 3rd letter of your last name, first two letters of your middle name, last two letters of your first name then last three letters of your last name):
13.YOUR GOTH NAME: (black, and the name of one of your pets)
14. STRIPPER NAME: (name of your fav perfume/cologne, fav candy)
Thursday, February 5, 2009
We do have another guest (invited) that stays some nights during the week because she lives about 45 minutes to an hour from work and stays in town from time to time with us. Last night, she came in from working out at the local gym to pick up some clothes she'd left at the house and then head to her house. We urged her to stay because she was so tired and it was freezing! She would not stay, had to wash clothes, etc.
A few minutes after she left, as I was reading a magazine, I looked hubby and said, "You know, I can't blame Jenn for not wanting to stay. Within two minutes of her walking in the door, we shared with her that we had a mouse in the house and the dog had worms, I really did not want to stay here either"!
I am happy to report that the little critter has been captured and the dog has been to the vet and is fine now. So I feel much better about the house now. However, hubby did add at the end of our conversation this morning after discovering the catch, that he would set another one, just in case the little critter had family members. WHAT?????
Anybody need some company, I'm on the way! Can I bring Jenn?
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Just a few moments later I heard something moving across his shoes at the end of the bed. I immediately thought it was the dog, she gets up at night and walks around. I quickly realized that the dog was sleeping soundly on the floor just beside my bed, and snoring. I woke hubs and he looked around (just to appease me). He saw nothing and decided that my CPAP must be making some sort of noise.
This morning he shared that the noise from my machine had begun rootin' again!!!! Precious huh, some sweet little critters came to visit, felt our home was warm and inviting. Again, the dog slept right through it.
So now there are a few traps set throughout the house. I DO HOPE that hubs realizes that if I hear one of the traps trip, especially if I'm lying in my bed, I might just run outside ~ cold or not! Look for me on your doorstep sometime later tonight!!!!!!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
One description of Nathan from her, "He was a best friend, a landlord, a GuitarHero buddy, an outdoorsman, and an occasional PDR. His door was always open... even as he was administering his meds. He was objective advice, good jokes, words of truth, and a ray of God's love in all of our lives. He was a groomsman, friend from high school, a fraternity brother, a co-worker, and the consummate event organizer (trust me when I say I have BIG shoes to fill!)." From all the comments about Nathan, it seems he did more in his lifetime, even in his worst days, than most of us much older.
I've added a button on my blog that will take you right to the site for the Team Nathan 5K run to raise money and eradicate this horrible disease! Click and join in the race by running, walking, or pledging. Won't you join us?
You can read Jenn's message about this at http://www.delightfullycliche.com/2009/01/nathan-cf-great-strides.html
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
1. Started your own blog -- yes, 1
2. Slept under the stars - yes!
3. Played in a band - no
4. Visited Hawaii - no
5. Watched a meteor shower - yes!!!
6. Given more than you can afford to charity - yes!!
7. Been to Disneyland/world - yes, and going for the 2nd time in June
8. Climbed a mountain - maybe a little one!!!
9. Held a praying mantis - yes, yuck
10. Sang a solo - yes, yuck again!!!
11. Bungee jumped -no
12. Visited Paris - no
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - yes!
15. Adopted a child - yes, actually!!
16. Had food poisoning - yes
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - no
18. Grown your own vegetables - yes
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - no
20. Slept on an overnight train - no, but would love to!
21. Had a pillow fight - yes, several
22. Hitch hiked - yes, as much as I hate to admit it. Long time ago though
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - I won't answer in case the boss reads this! LOL
24. Built a snow fort - snow man maybe???
25. Held a lamb - yes
26. Gone skinny dipping - oh yeah!!!!
27. Run a Marathon - no
28. Ridden in a gondola - no
29. Seen a total eclipse - yes
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - yes, several of both
31. Hit a home run - in high school
32. Been on a cruise - no
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person- yes!
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - no
35. Seen an Amish community - yes
36. Taught yourself a new language - if pig Latin counts!!! LOL
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - yes
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person- no
39. Gone rock climbing - no
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - no
41. Sung karaoke - yes, yuck again
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - no
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - yes
44. Visited Africa - no
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - yes
46. Been transported in an ambulance - yes :(
47. Had your portrait painted - yes
48. Gone deep sea fishing - no
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - no
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - no
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - yes
52. Kissed in the rain - yes!!! :)
53. Played in the mud - yes 5
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - yes
55. Been in a movie - no (was in a taping of a comedy DVD for a Christian artist)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China? - no
57. Started a business - yes
58. Taken a martial arts class - only once, that's all it took to tell me it WAS NOT my thing
59. Visited Russia - no
60. Served at a soup kitchen - yes
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - yes
62. Gone whale watching - no
63. Gotten flowers for no reason - yes!!!! :)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - yes, often
65. Gone sky diving - no
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - no
67. Bounced a check - aaahhhh, yes :(
68. Flown in a helicopter - yes
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - yes
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - yes
71. Eaten Caviar - yes, YUCK
72. Pieced a quilt - helped with one
73. Stood in Times Square - no (but the one who tagged me is going to take me there)
74. Toured the Everglades - no
75. Been fired from a job - yes
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in Arlington - only on video when TFS students did it
77. Broken a bone - yes
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - yes
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - no
80. Published a book - no
81. Visited the Vatican - no
82. Bought a brand new car - yes
83. Walked in Jerusalem - no
84. Had your picture in the newspaper - yes
85. Read the entire Bible - yes
86. Visited the White House - yes
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - no
88. Had chickenpox - yes ~ gotta a scar on my forehead to prove it!
89. Saved someone’s life - no
90. Sat on a jury - yes :(
91. Met someone famous - yes
92. Joined a book club - yes
93. Lost a loved one - yes
94. Had a baby - no
95. Seen the Alamo in person - yes
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - no
97. Been involved in a lawsuit - yes
98. Owned a cell phone - yes
99. Been stung by a bee - yes
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Actually there are some fun things going on! Today, our youngest grandson turns 7 years old. That is just too much to take. He began rec. dept. basketball last night and it is a blast watching them. He is going to have a Nana and Papa day with us on Monday since I will be out of town this weekend and will miss his party.
I am going to one of my favorite places today ~ Tallulah Falls, GA. I am an active member of the Georgia Federation of Women's Clubs and we own and operate a private boarding school, Tallulah Falls School. GaFWC recently built a lodge up there and that is where we will stay. The school is 100 years old this year and there are several celebrations going on. This weekend is to honor current and past State and District Presidents. I am a past District President and serve on the Tallulah Falls School Board of Trustees so I head up there this afternoon. I can't wait to see everyone!
I did get hit on in Walmart yesterday. I realize as I type those words that they don't even need an explanation, because ALL sorts of stuff begins to go through the mind at this point! I was looking at Wii stuff for my grandson's birthday when a man, maybe in his 30's, with almost all his teeth, and a big grin on his face, came around a corner and almost ran into me. He apologized, stopped and looked at me, then said, "You have really pretty hair." I said thank you and kept on looking at Wii things, he kept on looking at me, which was needless to say, a little creepy. He walked away a minute or two later and did not say anything else to me. Weird!!!
I did buy myself a new toy!!! I have decided that I am not a scrapbooker/crafter, but just someone who collects scrapbooking, crafting, paper making, stamping, etc. products and stores them in a back bedroom, calling it a craft room! I would post a picture of this so called craft room, but would be WAY TOO embarrassed. If I ever get myself together and decide to finally clean the thing up, I might take before and after pics ~ but don't hold your breath out that interpeeps!!!
My new toy is a SLICE by Making Memories. It is a small, lightweight die cutter. I said I was not going to purchase anymore stuff until I cleaned up the room and began working on things again ~ but QVC (yes, I hate to admit it), a special offer and exclusive designs at 12:45 am was way too hard to pass up!!! It does some fun things and here are just a few! Obviously, the SLICE did not make the magnet ~ it' just a bonus for you.