Friday, January 16, 2009

OKAY, OKAY

I was left a message yesterday that if I did not update my blog that a certain "anonymous" person was going to get someone of greater power to step in. I could lie and tell you that I have just been so busy and overrun with such excitement in my life that I did not have time ~ but since there is a threat of that greater power coming after me already, I better tell the truth. There is nothing that exciting to tell and I have been lazy since the holidays!!!!!

Actually there are some fun things going on! Today, our youngest grandson turns 7 years old. That is just too much to take. He began rec. dept. basketball last night and it is a blast watching them. He is going to have a Nana and Papa day with us on Monday since I will be out of town this weekend and will miss his party.

I am going to one of my favorite places today ~ Tallulah Falls, GA. I am an active member of the Georgia Federation of Women's Clubs and we own and operate a private boarding school, Tallulah Falls School. GaFWC recently built a lodge up there and that is where we will stay. The school is 100 years old this year and there are several celebrations going on. This weekend is to honor current and past State and District Presidents. I am a past District President and serve on the Tallulah Falls School Board of Trustees so I head up there this afternoon. I can't wait to see everyone!

I did get hit on in Walmart yesterday. I realize as I type those words that they don't even need an explanation, because ALL sorts of stuff begins to go through the mind at this point! I was looking at Wii stuff for my grandson's birthday when a man, maybe in his 30's, with almost all his teeth, and a big grin on his face, came around a corner and almost ran into me. He apologized, stopped and looked at me, then said, "You have really pretty hair." I said thank you and kept on looking at Wii things, he kept on looking at me, which was needless to say, a little creepy. He walked away a minute or two later and did not say anything else to me. Weird!!!

I did buy myself a new toy!!! I have decided that I am not a scrapbooker/crafter, but just someone who collects scrapbooking, crafting, paper making, stamping, etc. products and stores them in a back bedroom, calling it a craft room! I would post a picture of this so called craft room, but would be WAY TOO embarrassed. If I ever get myself together and decide to finally clean the thing up, I might take before and after pics ~ but don't hold your breath out that interpeeps!!!

My new toy is a SLICE by Making Memories. It is a small, lightweight die cutter. I said I was not going to purchase anymore stuff until I cleaned up the room and began working on things again ~ but QVC (yes, I hate to admit it), a special offer and exclusive designs at 12:45 am was way too hard to pass up!!! It does some fun things and here are just a few! Obviously, the SLICE did not make the magnet ~ it' just a bonus for you.

No comments: