Monday, March 30, 2009

Getting Old!

I've decided that when I enter the gates of Heaven, the first thing I plan on doing is meeting Jesus face to face and thanking him for all he did for me.

Then, I will hug my mom, dad, my Godmother, grandparents, and all the other people who've gone before me!

BUT THEN ~ I'm going to have a conversation with God about menopause! Good Lord, what in the world is all this about???????

Whatever place I'm in right now, pre-menopause, mid-menopause, final stages of menopause is just RIDICULOUS!!! I can go from euphoria to depression in a matter of minutes. My face and skin are doing things they did not do as a teenager. I am ginormous and can't seem to lose weight.

I have decided that having to eat my words is probably as much to blame as Panera bread, hubby's cakes, and stuff. All those years of saying "Oh, I will never do that. . . never get that way. . . mom's crazy, that won't happen." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ~ My thighs and the backs of my legs look like cottage cheese. By the way, NEVER, and I mean NEVER, look at yourself naked from behind!!! SCARY.

I can smile, talk to people, and carry on somewhat nice conversations, all the while thinking I could just slap the snot out of them. WHERE is that coming from???? I have a VERY short fuse, and get frustrated with myself and others easily. I've referred to hormones as HORRIBLEMONES for years now!

Thankfully, it is only a season and I can make fun of myself, right???? Show the grace, and southern gentility I was taught from my mother? Yea, you go right ahead and believe that!!!

But I do plan on riding this wave with as much fun as I can muster!!! Thought I would share this e-mail I sent to my office co-workers this morning:
I thought I might need to let some of you know that I will be out of the office next week April 6-10. Pray for me, as I am going to Florida with my best friend from Nashville and FIVE 18 year old senior high school girls!!!!! They're hormonal, I'm hormonal ~ should be a fun time!!!! Watch for the Girls Gone Wild version
of "Grandmas at the Beach" coming soon. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I keep teasing my friend's daughter that she will have to compete against me in the wet t-shirt contest and she will lose because they will have to aim the camera lower to see mine and then won't be able to see hers!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ain't life grand?????

No comments: