Tuesday, May 12, 2009

BOOK FAIR!!!

I am a sucker for book fairs/sales. A Scholastic Warehouse sale came to town for two days and our education division spent a few $'s and our lunchtime there today. I actually did VERY well. Left spending less than $50, which is a record for me. The ladies told us there was one about 45 minutes south with 5 times the inventory and we almost headed south, but restrained ourselves.
However, when I looked up the website to link above for all of my faithful 5 or so readers, I realized you can enter your zip code and find sales in your area. GUESS WHAT, there is a another warehouse sale about 15 minutes north in Tennessee ~ at my high school Alma mater. I feel a road trip coming on!!!

I will share my few purchases with you. Most of the time I go for kid's books ~ but if you could see the kid's books on my bookshelf, you'd know why I avoided them!!!
For the grandson's (especially the 13 year old who loves trivia, etc) I got How to Hold a Crocodile: Plus Hundreds of Other Practical Tips, Fascinating Facts and Wicked Wisdom. It's a Firefly Book and they do lots of cool stuff.
Joey Green's Fix-It Magic. He was featured on Good Morning America some time ago and is a hoot. Click on his name and it will take you to his website.
For a special little girl's birthday in June, I got a Klutz kit ~ Paper Fashions, Design Your Own Styles! I LOVE Klutz stuff. I am not sure if I like this more than she will. Maybe her mom will let me come play with her!!!!!

Also picked up two little Pocket Posh Puzzle Books from The Puzzle Society ~ Sudoku for my daughter-in-law and word roundup for hubby (his is not purple, it's dark burgundy).
Look for one in your area and share what you bought, too.

No comments: