Sunday, October 12, 2008

Off Season by Anne Rivers Siddons

I am really at a loss about Anne Rivers Siddons newest book, Off Season. I LOVE Anne Rivers Siddons books and this one began that way. As is her usual style, the characters were well developed and locations were described so the reader could feel they were there. But . . .

Without leaving a spoiler for anyone planning on reading this, I must say the ending was horrible. This book began with a sweet, potentially great storyline, but the horrible discovery at the end flopped. The abruptness of it and the weirdness just shot it out of the water. I feel like Ms. Siddons handed it to someone and said, “Here, you finish this”, or the publisher called her and told her she had 5 minutes to finish it, period. OH, and the cat, PLEASE!!!!!!

Check out more book reviews at Fall Into Reading 2008 over at Callapidder Days!

I look forward to others opinions about this book. Happy Reading!!

No comments: