Monday, October 6, 2008

Book Review ~ When Did I Stop Being Barbie. . .

When Did I Stop Being Barbie and Become Mrs. Potato Head?: Learning to Embrace the Woman You've Become by Mary Pierce was a great book! Mary shares real life struggles with, well, ahem ~ getting older! Mary Pierce makes getting older fun and gives healthy, Godly advice about accepting the woman we've become. Her honesty with her own personal struggles and experiences made me laugh and cry! Lots of great lessons!!!

Since I'm right around the corner from 50, I felt like I was reading my own story. I encourage any woman, especially those dealing with raging "horriblemones", to read Mary's book.

Check out more book reviews at Fall Into Reading 2008 over at Callapidder Days!

Happy Reading ~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bitsy for the review of my book -- Glad I could help inspire laughter and the tears, too. May you be blessed!
Joy to you,
Mary Pierce
www.laughlady.com

Kayren said...

Cute...I haven't heard of this but I'm going to check it out.

Anonymous said...

I'm about half-way through reading this one... and even being only 30 yrs, I'm finding a lot that I can relate to! :)

MizB