Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Krispy Kreme Donuts

I walked right through the gates of Heaven last night ~ OH WAIT, it was only our church kitchen!!!! I entered the kitchen to help with a church event and there in front of me were 600 Krispy Kreme donuts. OH MY WORD!!

The event speaker was the CEO of Krispy Kreme and as a surprise for him, we bagged 2 donuts for each attendee and put them on the tables. As an added bonus, we stacked the boxes on the stage! The only thing that beats a fresh Krispy Kreme is one so hot from the drive-thru window that it burns your mouth!!!! The red flashing "Hot Donuts Now" sign is a beautiful sight.

All kidding aside, Mr. Morgan's presentation was not about the glorious donut ~ but about how we can share our faith in Christ on a 24 hour, 7 day a week basis. He shared his personal stories and ideas for showing Christ's love and carrying out the Great Commission in our everyday lives, whether in the workplace or our social activities. He was truly inspiring.

I only hope I gleaned a small amount of his knowledge and can begin to do a better job of showing God's love through my actions, and telling others about His wondorous gifts.

No comments: