Friday, November 9, 2007

What a night!!!


Last night, I had the polysomnography test for sleep apnea. If you click on the link to polysomnography, there is a pic of a little boy all "hooked up". That is what I looked like, just bigger!!!!! It was a trip. I was scheduled to arrive at the clinic at 9pm. I changed clothes, watched a 20 minute video about the test, and then just flipped through the TV channels trying to relax (of course I was taping Betty and Gray's at home)!!!

The nurse came in and commenced (that's a word here, just like fixin' to) to hook me up!! Every place that had a sensor hooked to it on my body had to have a tiny amount of exfoliator applied, then wiped with alcohol, then glued on.

At that point, it was time to hit the hay. I attempted to sleep. hahahahhahahahahahaha, not. At sheep number 927 I laughed at myself and pushed the call button to tell them I had to use the restroom. At that point I realized that I had been so tense my shoulders and neck were beginning to cramp. After getting back in the bed I turned over and finally went to sleep for a while, I assume.

The nurse came in to wake me and unhook me. One of the things they don't want you to have is a clock. You have to fill out a questionnaire in the morning asking how much and how well you feel like you slept. So I ASSUMED (dummy) that it was about 6:30 or so.

She walked me to the front door and watched me to my car. I started my car and the clock read 5:35. WHAT??????? Are you kidding me???????? No wonder I feel like I've been run over by a car and actually kinda look that way, too. So me and my very sticky head went home and went to bed. Hubby rolled over and grunted at me!!! Love you, too sweetum!!! I slept a couple of hours and got up to wash the glue off of my body and hair. That was interesting to say the least. Then was only 30 minutes late to work.

At this point, I am leaving work because I am quickly fading. My body feels like I've begun an exercise program and it's the first day. I can assure you, I've NOT BEGUN exercising!!!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Glad you're home safe. I giggled at the fact that your husband grunted. We may have to talk to him about that ::wink ::wink!

Love ya!