Friday, December 21, 2007

Fall Into Reading

Callipiddar Days offered up a Fall Into Reading blog to share books reviews and challenge us a bit to set a reading goal. Today, we end the challenge as the first day of winter approaches. Check out her site for reviews. So not to disappointment myself, I did not set some of the lofty goals others did. I knew it would be a busy fall! Here's how I finished!
I originally listed the following books:

Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon ~ finished that one right after it's release. Was fortunate enough to go to Atlanta and meet her!
Home to Holly Springs is the first of the Father Tim Novels. We will not actually be in Mitford anymore, but all the folks are mentioned! It was a good read ~ but I will miss Mitford.

The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory ~ If you've read any of Gregory's other books about Henry VIII's wild escapades, you will love this one, too! It is set around Henry's last days and he is still hoping for an heir through his fourth wife Anne of Cleves and then his fifth wife Katherine Howard.

The Autobiography of Santa Claus by Jeff Guinn ~ This book was probably the most surprising book of all. It is WONDERFUL!!! Not only will you discover Santa's amazing life, you will be introduced to people you've read about in history, Mrs. Claus, and Santa's helpers. The history, forklore and customs shared from all over the world make this a magical Christmas read! I also have How Mrs. Claus Saved Christmas by Jeff Guinn and can't wait to begin that.

Fingerprints of God by Jennifer Rothschild was my Bible Study this fall. Our group actually did the workbook and watched the DVD's but I read parts of the book as well. Jennifer is a great writer/speaker and has amazing biblical truths to about how God touches our lives with his comforting, encouraging, and soothing hand.

Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig ~ I have not read this yet because I've asked for it for Christmas! Hope my family reads this today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Modern Girls Guide to Bible Study by Jen Hatmaker ~ I did not complete this one yet. Mainly want to see what her ideas were for Bible Study.

This was not on my list, but I listened to it on tape ~ does that count?????

Sweet Revenge by Diane Mott Davidson is another great book featuring Goldy Schulz and her uncanny way of involving herself in murder investigations ~ not to mention the recipes she shares!! I've listened to three of her books on tape and read one and want to devour them all!!!!!!!

1 comment:

heidi @ ggip said...

I think my mom is getting me the new Jan Karon book for Christmas, so I am sortof looking forward to reading that. I'm glad you enjoyed most of your books.

Happy Holidays!