Monday, June 28, 2010

Muffins and Mayhem!!!

Just finished reading Muffins and Mayhem: Recipes for a Happy (if Disorderly) Life by Suzanne Beecher (creator of *DearReader.com) and I highly recommend it.  Part memoir, part cookbook, Suzanne shares some of her life experiences and lessons learned in this delightful book.  Suzanne speaks to the reader candidly about life and it's ups and downs in a way we can all relate to.  With a few tears and lots of laughs, this book is a joy to read!  Check out the Muffins and Mayhem website for more information.

*DearReader.com is a site you need to check out.  I may have blogged about it before ~ it's great.  You can choose different "book clubs" and receive a daily excerpt of the featured book that week.  Everyday Suzanne posts something on the e-mail as well.  Might be a new recipe, a thought, reader mail, etc.  I LOVE getting daily book excerpts and finding out about new authors, etc.  Suzanne also has a feature known as AuthorBuzz that introduces you to 4-6 authors not featured on the daily read.  I cannot tell you how much I enjoy it.  Some weeks I don't look at any of the books, but most times I do.  I've discovered authors that have become my favorite to read on AuthorBuzz.   One of the best parts of the site though ~ you might be lucky enough to be the winner of a batch of Suzanne's famous Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!!!

It's very simple.  Nothing to buy, no requirements to fulfill, no surveys, etc.  Just great information.  Check it out!

Happy Reading,

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Yay!! So excited to see you blogging again! Love this! I definitely need to read this book!