Monday, June 21, 2010

Great Blog Find

There are times when I happen upon a blog through an e-mail or another blog, etc. and try to share.  Denise Hildreth Jones is one I found today through dearreader.com (another story).  Anyway, I've read some of Denise's book and loved them.  She has a new one out that I look forward to reading.  I've read . . .  


I highly recommend them.  Her new book is Hurricanes In Paradise.  Just click on the title to read about it.  

She is also a bible study teacher in her hometown of Franklin, TN.  I will also be checking that out.  I spent some time on her blog reading archives and learning what I could about her.  I highly recommend her blog and books to you.  Here is a post that really spoke to me today, and I hope it does you, too.  I  hope she forgives me for copying part of it and sharing it with you (I will tell her)!

. . .There is that weaned child place. The place of rest and peace. Where it can sit right beside it’s mother and never have to react in desperation for what it’s mother has. Because it knows that it will have whatever it needs. I’m been sitting in the passage in Psalms for over a week now. Psalms 131:2 ” But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me.”

Not always easy is it? Sometimes we’re far more like the flailing child. Desperate. Panicked. Searching. Scared. Life is uncertain. Jobs are scarce. Money is tight. Marriage is hanging by a thread. Children are wreaking havoc on your nerves. Depression tightens like a noose and we flail. We react in panic. As if we will get more if we do. As if the answers will come quicker or sound different.
Yet there is a place of rest for the soul…a quiet confidence in our sustenance provider that removes the need for flailing. That tells us we can rest in the fact that He will supply all of our needs. Not one thing that we have need of will He not supply. Whether it is direction, provision, or simply peace in the fact that things are still unanswered. And in the middle of it all can be an inexpressible joy.. . . originally posted February 8, 2010 on denisehildreth.com.

Please take the time to read her post at in it's entirety HERE and I hope it blesses you like it blessed me!

No comments: