Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Earthquake!

We had a 2.7 magnitude earthquake today and it was FrEaKy.  I work at a college and the epicenter was about 1 mile from us.  There was a very loud boom and then a shake.  Very short, but shook all of us up!  We all thought a car ran into our building.   Thankfully there was no damage and no one hurt, just woke us all up. Fun times! 

I immediately began singing the old Carole King song. . .
I feel the earth move under my feet
I feel the sky tumbling down
I feel my heart start to trembling . . .

One of the websites that reports and records earthquakes is actually quite intersting.  http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi/
I've always been told there is constant seismic activity, but this site shows how often and where.  Check it out! 

No comments: