Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jamaica Mission Trip!!!

I leave this Friday morning at 6 am (this is not good as I AM NOT a morning person) for a mission trip with my church to Jamaica. Several years ago our church partnered with a circuit of churches in Jamaica. It was our pastor's idea to share in a true partnership, modeling the 21st century church, working with the people there, not for the people!

It has been just that. My husband and I were fortunate enough to go on the initial visit and covenant with them and we've been another time since. This year, we will go with the youth choir and some other adult members. We visit schools, churches, infirmaries, etc. and do concerts. We will also do work at the church and in some homes. I always come back humbled and blessed beyond measure ~ even leaving through tears as we say goodbye to our friends there.

I ask that you pray for our little group as we minister to and with our brothers and sisters in Jamaica. Pray for our travel and the we glorify God in all that we do and say.

I've had this image on my desktop for several years to remind me everyday to pray for our friends in Jamaica. It was taken from the top of a mountain and the movie Blue Lagoon was filmed in that little cove.
This is a typical house there!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Will definitely be praying!!!!! Can't wait to see you when you get back!